Tubal ligation 9 months ago & missed period - ?

I elected for a tubal ligation after our second child in August 2010 and have no problems since. Periods have ALWAYS been between the 14-16 of every single month. My period is now over a week late, but the "just incase" home pregnancy test I took yesterday morning was clearly negative. Contacted the doctor about it - haven't heard anything back yet. Any advice from you Moms out there? Didn't think this would ever be possible again, but have read a lot of articles of this happening.

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 10:53 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one done in 2007. and i sometimes feel like i can be. the dr told me its very possible..go to dr and maybe get a blood test done to be sure
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 11:03 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My mom got pregnant TWICE after hers. The doctor said hers basically grew in a way that caused it to come undone.

She got pregnant with twins the first time and a singleton the second. Both ended in miscarriages. Twins in the 2nd trimester and the other in the first. The doctor does not believe the miscarriages were related to the tubal.

You should contact your doctor though because tubal pregnancies are very common of tubal ligations and can be VERY dangerous. They can delay periods but not show up on hpts.
    Anonymous