I finally figured out my dd's size

We have been searching for the right size for clothing for my 8 y/0 dd. She can fit a 5 in the waist but for length she needs a longer size. Also the crotch area is to tight in most clothes. This weekend she tried on an 8 slim and with the tabs pulled almost all the way in they fit her perfectly. Just a little long for jeans but that will change pretty quick.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 10:57 AM on May. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 11yo is the same. She actually wears an 8 slim. They fit perfectly in the length but she has to take the waist in as tight as it will go to keep them on. Yes, she is the size of an 8yo (her and her 8yo sister are the same exact size except the 8yo weighs 5lbs more) and, no, there is nothing medically wrong with her. She's always been small. She can still fit into 5T shorts. Most of her shorts (the knee length ones) are a size 5 or 6 and then she doesn't need the adjustable waist. Mind you she is 11 (or will be next month). She's just now moving into a size 10 for length but they are so huge in the waist.
    My 8yo wears an 8 or 10 regular.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• WOw, not sure why you have been getting such rude comments(amberlovesher3) The fact she is 8 and fits in an 8 slim, dosnt not make her so tiny she needs to see a doctor, how rude. Just because someones kid isnt overweight like most kids these days, dosnt mean there is something wrong with her. My dd is the same way, a skinny little thing, who eats and eats and eats! Is active healthy and yes, fits into slims.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:48 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Yup. She is just little. She recently hit a growth spurt which allowed us into 8 slims... There is nothing wrong with her physically. She just eats good food. No junk.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Both of my kids wear slims too. We have been buying them at Target. They are affordable and always fit right and they have the adjustable tabs.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• She didn't like the way 7 slims fit. Size 6 fit her in the waist (with the tabs pulled in) but are high waters. I never even though to try 8 slims. I was buying her 7 regulars and pulling the tabs all the way in and still they fell off of her. But 8 slims with the tabs pulled in fit her like a champ.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Wow she is tiny...has she seen a doctor?
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:26 AM on May. 23, 2011