Is there a song that reminds you of something in your past and when you hear it makes you feel like you did back then?

I just heard a song that I used to listen to and think about my crush back in the 7th grade! When I hear it now 10 years later I feel like I'm still "in love" with him and it makes my heart beat fast like it did back then! lol am I just weird or do other people do this too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sure, all the time! The bad part is some songs remind you of the ones that broke your heart too!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yeah, true. But I keep listening to it now and it's making me wonder if I ever got over him lol! It's been 10 years and I haven't seen him in 6 lol. Crazzyy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Oh, yeah! Songs are like little time capsules, aren't they?
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes, I listen to certain songs that remind me of my husband. I'm an 80s girl, so those remeind me of high school.
    jekr43

Answer by jekr43 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Certainly!! Next to our sense of smell, the sense of sound (especially music) is the strongest draw on our memories. When I hear special songs, I can remember the first time I heard them or who I was with when it was playing, or what event I was attending when it was performed, etc... "Those were the days...." hmm?
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I totally understand. I love music and use it as a way to remember things that have happened in my life. I think it is natural to feel this way and that it is good for you.

I still can't listen to certain songs without thinking of my "EX" and we have not been together for over 11 years. I am married with 3 wonderful children and if I am driving and her a certain song, I can still see my "EX" and what we were doing when we used to listen to it.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yeah, and for the most part I wanna forget my past. So it usually sucks when I hear them
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008