Please help me.I dont know what to do.

my husband is refusing to get a job. i work full time and will start school in the fall but right now my job is not enoughj to pay bills. we are broke. we have 3 kids and everytime i bring up getting a job to my husband, he gets mad at me and tells me to stop nagging then he storms out of the house. he is saying he wants to start his own business and is sick of working for someone else. i'm sick of being broke and i'm sick of him not being a husband and father and not providing for his family. he has no sense of responsibility whatsoever. he sits and watches tv all day and drinks all evening. would you leave or would you continue to be broke and watch your husband not take care of his family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I'll guess he was this way, the day you met him.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Remember you can do bad by your self.........

It is what you choose to do???
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• My x did that. I kicked him out.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Seperate from him for a bit...make him leave since he's not helping...you wont be any worse without him...make him see how much he really needs to appreciate you and gegt a damn job!!!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 11:45 AM on May. 23, 2011

• i would keep nagging till his head explodes...seriously!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:46 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Id leave. Then again, I would probably not have chosen him in the first place./

Answer by gemgem at 11:46 AM on May. 23, 2011

• jewjewbee: no he wasnt. he had a good job and worked his ass off. he lost his job about 3 months ago. at first he said he was gonna take a few weeks to relax but its been 3 months now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 AM on May. 23, 2011

• He needs to realize what he is about to lose if he doesn't man up and take care of his responsibilities. I would definitely leave. I hope you have family or friends you can go to. He has several problems. His self-esteem sounds like it's shot, but you can't boost it--only HE can. Drinking just adds to the problem. I would leave, and see what he does once you do.

Do you rent or own your home? You don't want your credit to go down the tubes--you need it right now. School might have to wait unless you can get loans for all your living expenses.

Can you go to his parents and let them know what is going on?
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 11:48 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I will admit I am angry and disgusted with my DH right now, but even when he was out of work for 18 mos, he found side jobs and did work around the house. Good luck mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:49 AM on May. 23, 2011

• He's probably depressed. Get him to counseling or a Dr. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:50 AM on May. 23, 2011