What can happen to him?

I filed for divorce on June 30th. my husband received the papers on the 1st of July. he filed for an annulment on the 9th and stated there were no other cases involving the marriage, which in fact there is. What can happen to him since he lied to the courts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• you should never get legal advise from anyone but an atty. there is always a missing piece in the persons answer somewhere. (i see it all the time....i work for one). and im sorry to hear about your divorce.
    Crystal_N

Answer by Crystal_N at 1:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't have money for an attorney and legal aid here is to full of cases to help me
    Anonymous

• Call an attorney's office and tell them the situation. They more than likely will answer a question or two. When we were seeking a lawyer for a custody case with DH's ex, he called several lawyers who all asked him what the situation was. One said that legally he couldn't tell him he would win, but he was 99% sure he would win full custody. Try it. Otherwise, just don't worry about it, you didn't lie, he did, he needs to deal with the consequences.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Speak to the county clerks office...?
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If he lied, then it will catch up to him in court. You said you didnt have enough money for a lawyer, so I would make sure you have proper documentation of the anulment information...that way when you go to court over the divorce, you will be able to provet that he is nothing more than a lying scumbag!!!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Who Cares I would report his ass so fast
    Anonymous