Did your wisdom teeth hurt when they were growing?

This is the second time this year im in pain...these teeth just dont seem to want to come out....my husband says its not normal for it to hurt and be swollen and wants me to go get them removed.....but i dont know....

Erzy

Asked by Erzy at 11:47 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• Yes. Mine got so swollen,they were affecting my hearing. I had all 4 out at once,and I'm SO glad I no longer have to worry about them anymore. It was a fairly simple procedure, done in the office. He put me out, and recovery was not bad. I got one dry socket, that was pretty painful. Went back in, he packed it, and I never had any more problems. In fact, a week later, I went to my son's graduation in Dallas.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:54 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes. I have a narrow jawline so when they started coming in, there was basically no room left for them to fit. I got all removed when i was 17 and was very happy, especially since I had already had braces and they were starting to shift my teeth again.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:55 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Ugh oh yeah. Mine took almost 2 years to totally come in and it was a PITA to deal with. I had a lot of pain, swelling, sensitivity, etc. throughout the whole thing. They started coming in when I was like 16.5 and finally finished when I was about 18. I used Orajel swabs a lot during that time, and I think Ibuprofin helped, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:57 AM on May. 23, 2011

• No. I didn't even know they were impacted until one poked through my gum in a weird spot. I kept thinking something was stuck there, you know like a piece of popcorn or something that kinda sticks? Went to the dentist who x-rayed and sent me to the oral surgeon and I had all 4 out at once. It was no big deal! Get them out. You don't want to continue letting them hurt you and possibly mess up yourt bite or jaw or other teeth do you? Seriously, it's not a big deal to have your wisom teeth out, and I suggest getting them all done at the same time if needed. You will be sore, your face might be a bit swollen. Nothing too horrible. Take the pain meds asap when you get home, keep ice on and alternate sides every 30 mins or so. You'll be fine.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:01 PM on May. 23, 2011