5yo with a baaaad attitude..

I don't know why my son is so mean.. We are a loving family and I've always been trying to teach him to be polite. He was always a little loud and cheeky but since he started school he's plain mean.

He calls us names, makes a mess on purpose, does things he knows will get him in trouble.. And we've triedtaking away privileges, talking to him, trying to get him to feel bad because we're hurt.. Nothing works.

When I took him to school this morning his friend was playing with a little girl. So my son went up to them and said to his friend that if he didn't ditch the girl to play with him, he would tell the whole class he's a girl-lover.

I don't want him to be a bully.. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe you should talk to his teacher and school councilor to have everyone who is involved in his life to help you out .....or have your husband talk to him boy to man, take him on a small guy outing and have a talk with him about bully and how to talk to adults my hubby did that with our son last yr it seemed to do wonders for him to be one on one with his dad.... our school councilor told us that the same sex parent has the biggest impact on the child's behavior I hope i was able to help a little =) good luck!!
    busymommy5

Answer by busymommy5 at 12:00 PM on May. 23, 2011