Do you own a bamboo houseplant?

ive seen 2 kinds so far, one you put into soil or your garden (a grassy kind) and one that you surrond with rocks in a container and you just add water(a stalky like sticks kind).

i'm talking about the stalky one, the one you put in water and thats it. i just need more info on it, like how long does it take to sprout leaves? do you leave it in water forever and keep changing it? does it ever grow tall enough to transfer outside?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:53 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have one and have had it for almost 4 years now. As mine has grown, I have transferred it to larger containers as needed. I transfer it as the roots seem to take over the pot it would be in at the time. I believe they are meant to be inside plants only and are to remain in the water/rock bed. I have purchased more rocks for mine as I have transferred it from one pot to the next as it was needed. They are very easy to care for. Love mine, it was a great plant for me since I was never really good at the green thumb stuff...but I'm learning.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:58 AM on May. 23, 2011

• we dont but DH bought his grandmom one 2 years ago, im not sure if she still has it. he wants one now
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 12:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have one that I've had almost 6 years. I have it in a big vase and just keep adding water.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I never had one!
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 4:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't have one but I hear they can grow out of control.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yes i think if you plant the outside bamboo plants, they grow out of control
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 9:42 AM on May. 24, 2011