My Husband and I in financial trouble.

My SO and I are in so much financial trouble and i'm so stressed out. We have so much credit card debt (not from careless spending) a mortgage and 700 a month in child support for his youngest daughter. I would be so appreciative of some ideas for getting ahead. I"m a licensed real estate agent but work full time so its hard to get things going with that. I've considered cleaning houses. I cannot get another job because I would never see my kids. Work from home would be perfect but I have NO money to put out and there are so many scams. Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband and I are in the same boat. We have decided to start selling some of our valuable items to pay off debt and start over. I have to remind myself that they are just items and as long as we have each other and our kids everything will be ok.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:58 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Have you thought about talking to a financial counselor, or taking a course, something along the lines of a Dave Ramsey course? He's great,and has so incredible ideas for paying down your debt, and staying debt free. I hate to say it, but Bankruptcy is also a possibility. You can file Chapter 13, and still pay on your bills, just at no interest. It does reflect on your credit for many years, but in this day and age, there are so many who are forced into this, tragically. Best wishes to you and your SO.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:57 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Have a yard sale.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:54 AM on May. 23, 2011

• It is a scary time for all of us. How about consolidating all of your debt and getting a lower interest loan from the bank to help pay it off? I love credit cards, but they are the devil!

Can you sell anything of value on Ebay?

Gold is at an all time high--can you sell some of your old jewelry that you never wear?
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 11:56 AM on May. 23, 2011

• All great suggestions thank you. I have thought about filing bankrupcy but I don't want to regret it and within the next 5 years tops we will be doing a lot better. because child support will be over so will our last car payment. So do you guys think I should just tough it out. We have an overdraft line of credit on our checking account and thats what we basically live off of. And i'm just so tired!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• consolidate your debt, and throw out the credit cards. My husband and I have been on a cash only basis going on 4 years now, and we've never been better off. We have maybe $3K left on our credit report to pay off and we will be officially debt free in every way.
    If we don't have cash, we don't buy it. We live on a very strict budget.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No don't do the overdraft. We are stuck with that to. It was awesome the first month because we had that extra credit to stock up on stuff we needed but now its not worth it and we are stuck with it.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I hear you aheuszel but with our debt we couldn't pay our bills without the overdraft.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have a Business solution with you, and I think I can probably help you get started nearly free..and with the know how fromthe realestate and such you should be able to make a really decent living fairly quickly only took me 6 weeks
    you can msg me, Im offering to help only 2 more people with the end of the month.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Petition the court to lower the child support. Do you have a 401k at work? Can you borrow against it?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:46 PM on May. 23, 2011