#1 Thing at hospital?

I do NOT want to take a million and one things to the hospital like I did with my second son. This is what I have for my bag so far:
BABY
3 one piece outfits
3 socks
2 recieving blankets
1 fleece blanket

MOM
1 pair of PJ's
1 going home outfit (VERY loose and comfy)
my crocks will be on when I go in and I HATE socks in the summer
deodorant
toothbrush
hairbrush
phone
camera
WIC info for nurse to fill out
Tennis ball for pressure massage

Any suggestions? I am still working on my bag. What was the NUMBER ONE thing you took with you, or wish you had had?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 11:55 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I always took more then one set of pajamas in case I bled on one of them, plus a robe and slippers. I hated being cooped up in my room so I would walk around when they had the baby.

Answer by gemgem at 11:56 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Chapstick and gum.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I am good with the hospital slippers, and my PJ's walking around. I get hot VERY easily
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 12:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• More than one set of pjs in case I bled, something to wear during labor because I refuse to wear an uncomfortbale hospital gown, lavender lotion for massage, movies and cds.

I took other stuff but those are the things I would not be without.
    Anonymous

• This might sound strange, but I labor nude. I hate the restricting feeling of clothes. I labored nude with my last son, and it was great! I will be doing it again.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 12:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I made my husband go home and get the Boppy pillow to put under my butt and back
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 12:12 PM on May. 23, 2011

• don't forget the charger or extra batteries for the camera, a Robe, a magazine or book, few snacks like protein bars (DH was a big baby and whined cause he was hungry), my own brand of pads (those hospital things are awful).
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• OHOHOH!!! I forgot!!! I am going to be taking my laptop and charger, and phone charger!!!
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 12:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I wanted my own shampoo for when I was finally allowed to take a shower,
    and hard candy to suck on (my lips and throat felt really dry during labor)
    I was really thankful to have my boppy.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:24 PM on May. 23, 2011

• The only thing I brought for my babies were a coming home outfit. The hospital provided everything else. I could have used my nursing pillow at the hospital for the LC to show me how to get my twins latched at the same time.

I like having a couple changes of clothes (spit happens with babies). As well as bringing my own soap and shampoo due to allergies. My birthing ball was a big help too. (The hospital doesn't have them)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:26 AM on May. 25, 2011