Im becoming a fatty

im having trouble keeping down my wieght. i dont really eat meals throughout the day i snack all day long. my sister-in-law told me thats what im supposed to do to keep a healthy wieght but theres only one baby in there n its starting to look like 2 or 3 lol
am i supposed to be doing something different ??

tazzii310

Asked by tazzii310 at 11:55 AM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you and how much have you gained

Just looking big is not an indicator of gaining too much. We all feel like Shamoo by the end. LOL
    Anonymous

• Everyone's body is different. I wouldn't worry about it right now, after pregnancy you can diet and exercise to lose the extra weight. I kept my weight normal my whole pregnancy until the 3rd trimester when I had to be on steriod treatment and the steriods made me gain one to two pounds a week. Don't stress about your weight.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 12:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• thanks :) im just now 10/11 wks n i'v gained 13lbs lol but it looks like more. when i tell people how far along i am they ask how many im having. sometimes it makes me cry a little lol
    tazzii310

Comment by tazzii310 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• LOL. I would not worry about it at all. That is a little above average for weight gain but if you are concerned you can try walking each day and making sure your snacks are good calories like fruit and fresh veggies to help even out your weight gain.

Otherwise I would not worry too much.
    Anonymous

• You should not have gained that much this early. Eat 5 small meals a days and snack, but make sure everything your eating is healthy, and limit your salt intake.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:13 PM on May. 23, 2011

• people say crap like that all the time because they don't even think about how it would make the mama feel.
    with summer coming on I recommend swimming for exercise. it really is relaxing and its not too much impact on your body. plus it helps you cool down too :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• oh yeah, I forgot, make sure you drink a lot of water and limit your salt... you retain more water when you're pregnant... a lot of that weight can be water weight
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:18 PM on May. 23, 2011