I borrow money,she's on my a$$,SHE borrows money,she's nowhere to be seen....

My mom fronted us $20 last night so we could order a pizza. My DH realized he didn't give the pizza place his credit card number,so my mom gave us the money so we didn't have to call back and confuse the poor girl. I told her we'd stop by around noon and drop the $20 off. She calls me at 9am asking me where we were.SIGH....
But when she borrows money from us,she avoids us like the plague!
Know anyone like this?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:02 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• oh yeah..my BIL..my sister/BIL have borrowed thousands, regularly from my parents, and if he does one piece of work on their home (painting a fence, mending a broken door, etc), he's right up front with his receipt from the HomeDepot...in the face of an 84yo woman.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes!!! I enjoy the passive aggressive technique. They can avoid all they want but when you hand them that detailed written bill that states all their expenses, they just about shit a brick. I've found it helps in getting your money back. Good luck!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't lend money to ANYONE unless I am prepared to not get it back and not be upset about it. I also don't borrow money from anyone if there is even the slightest chance I can't pay them back.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My sister is like that. Ridiculous!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeah my ex
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• hahahah yes my mother is the same way only she asks us for ridiculous amounts of money and doesn't pay it back... but if i ask her to barrow 10 or 20$ she tells me my hubby should have a better job lol she nuts
    busymommy5

Answer by busymommy5 at 12:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Oh yeah. I have limited contact with people like that and I never ask to borrow nor do I ever loan them money. ever
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Haha, yes.. isn't it just oh so lovely? My father is just like that. I never borrow money from him, but once he wanted me to test drive his mini cooper to see if I wanted to buy it from him, well instead of getting it back to him the next day.. I got busy and he was calling me non stop, so I got it to him one day late and he was freaking out... I let his wife, my step mother, borrow my really nice back massager that really beats the crap out of your back but feels great... they were going on a cruise and she wanted it to help with her back injury. Anyways.. that was nearly 3 year ago..... They still haven't returned it. Ahhhhhh... people are crazy!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't borrow and I don't lend. I've been burned horribly and refuse to give money any more. People want to get your money and then treat you like you're the bad guy when you ask for it back. I only lend items that I don't care if they're returned, if you expect it back you'll be disappointed.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:24 PM on May. 24, 2011