How do I get dog poop out the carpet?

My DH, much to my dismay, gave our year-old lab mix a rawhide bone for an extended period of time. (I asked him to take it after about 15 minutes to prevent a stomach upset.) Anyhow, our boy did get the upset stomach, and then had an accident in the house. It was GREEN! I can't find the right cleaner to get it up. Any suggestions? (Other than beating DH over the head with what's left of the rawhide...)

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 12:11 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pets

• What I've always done ~ first clean up as much as possible without wiping more down into the fabric, I scrub first with plain old Dawn dishwashing liquid and blot till dry, and last I do a final scrub with simple green ... again, blot until dry. Later I come back and spray it with Odoban (the white jug, not that useless maroon colored one!). I've used this on every color carpet (including white) and got it all up. It's a lot of blotting, but I only had carpet when I was renting, so it had to be clean.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Resolves works pretty good. I would still beat your DH over the head though, just for safe measures ;)
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Not sure if it will work for Dog poop, but for ketchup, marker, etc stains I take a white towel and get really hot water. Pour vinegar (which is also a disinfectant) on stained area. Place Hot wet towel over stain. Press down and leave for 2 minutes. Then rinse area with water. and place dry towel to absorb.... GL!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:24 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Have you tried peroxide? It usually works on bodily fluid stains.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 2:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Will the peroxide bleach the carpet?
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 2:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Will the peroxide bleach the carpet?

you could try a small spot test, but I've never had any problems. I've used it on clothing and rugs.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 3:30 PM on May. 23, 2011