Pregnancy possible after tubal?

I elected for a tubal ligation after our second child in August 2010 and have had no problems since. Periods have ALWAYS been between the 14-16 of every single month. My period is now over a week late, but the "just incase" home pregnancy test that I took yesterday morning was clearly negative. Contacted the doctor about it - haven't heard anything back yet. Any advice out there? Didn't think this would ever be possible again, but have read a lot of articles stating otherwise.

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 12:13 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, it's possible, depending on what type of tubal you had. There are other things that can mess with your period though, like hormone fluctuations caused by stress, weight loss or gain, thyroid problems and even exercise.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yep its possible
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 12:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes, it is possible.. If you start having sharp pains on one side chances are the pregnancy is in the tubes called an ectopic pregnancy. The sperm fertilized the egg and because of the tubal, the egg can't make it to the uterus and starts developing in the tube instead.. Many tubes rupture.. So get this checked out if you start having pain..

As far as being late, I wouldn't be too worried yet.. I had my tubes tied 9 years ago and ever once and a while I too am late.. The most was 12 days LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• God I guess anything is possible, but I swear if I get pregnant with #6 after my tubal in 06 I am going after Dr. D for child support lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I finally did hear back from my OB and he said they won't investigate w/o a possible pregnancy until THREE missed menstrals. I guess I get to play the waiting game...
    DAjZeZnLE

Comment by DAjZeZnLE (original poster) at 8:53 AM on May. 24, 2011