Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

"Here is the simple answer. This guy hated the child but he obviously hated the Mother more. It was about control of the woman and what he could do to hurt her. "

I read that reply from the story I posted a few minutes..

Its sad to me and this story touches my heart more than anything.

Like I stated I am going through a custody/vistiation fight.

My daughters father has no interest in being in her life at all.

He kidnapped her for a weekend and did not feed her or allow her to speak to me during the time he had her.

We went to court one time for child support and the day before court he was calling CPS, child at risk agencies to try to make a case against me.

He asked his mother to help build a case of abuse against me to get my daughter taken from/

He has made so many false reports on me because his goal is to have my daughter in foster care..

I am also fear he she is in his care he will harm her to get back at me..

how does one deal with this?

Are people really that cruel that they will harm children to get back at parents?


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Answers (17)
  • Sadly, people are that cruel. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know the fear of someone hurting your child to get back at you. Have you filed for a restraining order? What did CPS say? Can you file a case against him?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • You know who it is calling CPS on you go down to the police station and report him for false reporting. Using a state agency to bully another person is a crim go down to your local precint and they will do this for you also keep records and take down caseworker names so you may call them into court.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • I am so sorry you and your daughter are forced to deal with him. Courts have been known to make horrible decision as they relate to custody issues. You need a good knowledgeable attorney and I hope you have the means to get one. Document document document, record, video, do everything you can possibly do to prove your case. It is heartbreaking and I hope the judge sees the truth and does what is in your child's best interest.


    Answer by meooma at 12:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • sorry crime

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • I am dealing with it everyday. I caught my ex cheating on me and he took my son at gunpoint. I got my son back using an emergency motion for custody since I couldnt prove he took him at gunpoint and there was no custody order meant me and dad had equal rights. I have been in and out of court more then I can count since 2002. My ex has never had a real interest in our son as much as he has in doing something he knew would hurt me most, taking my son away from me. My son lives with his dad now but is getting ready to come back. He is finally old enough to testify and tell the judge exactly what is happening with his dad and things he has heard his dad say.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • Anon, I do have a restraining order. I was given the intial one for an immidate 10 days and went back and got another for a year. They see he is an abusive criminal but 'fathers rights' and has continued unsupervised visits with my daughter. Like I stated before in my previous post, I am so Thankful he doesnt show for the visitations.

    whats funny is that he filed for visitation and NEVER shows, he files for modification for more time and still NEVER shows except for the one time he kidnapped her from school.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • I haven't read your other post, but I'm glad you have a restraining order. I think it's sad that he takes his child, doesn't feed her, but yet still has unsupervised visits.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • I can relate to what you are going through- it's very hard and not many people can truely understand. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this- it's really such a helpless feeling.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 12:56 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • Some people are that cruel. How old is the child? Is there any way you can have your child see a therapist so that a neutral source can establish that issues are stemming from his interference?

    I have a friend that is going through a divorce and her STBX has done some terrible things while he has their girls and when you are in a custody battle, documentation is key. It's also a good idea to consult with your attorney (if you have one) as to what is the best way to proceed (assuming there isn't blatant abuse where the child needs medical attention).


    Answer by QuinnMae at 2:56 PM on May. 23, 2011

  • My child is 4

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.