Do you have a spouse in Iraq?

I just recently got married to my military guy and we found out shortly after the wedding he will be shipped out. He will be leaving soon and is barely home. How does one adjust to the changes, especially when there is child involved? Also, does anyone have any advise that might help stop the tears.

Sillymemommy11

Asked by Sillymemommy11 at 3:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I am not in your position but even though I don't know you I appreciate your own contributions for our country and your husband's contributions also. Thank you. I think within CafeMom groups there's probably a military specific group for wives and maybe separately for those in deployment. God Bless you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• There is no way to stop the tears. However, showing your husband that you are brave will make his deployment easier on him. He will be stressed enough as it is and if he knows that you are a strong woman he can concentrate on the mission and get home. I feel your pain and there isn't anything that will take it away. While my husband was in Iraq it seemed like time dragged. Surround yourself with family and friends, don't be afraid to ask for help and make sure that you are taking care of yourself. There are many resources for spouses of deployed troops, I would utilize those. Your contributions to this nation shouldn't be taken lightly and the job that you do is also important to the mission. Stay strong and know that there are many men and woman who feel your pain and are more than willing to put there arms around you and let you know you aren't alone. God Bless you and keep your husband out of harm's way.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• One of my good friends on here had her husband gone to Iraq on two tours. She had 2 children while he was gone. I would suggest finding a group on here that you can talk to and get support from. I'm sure there is at least one.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my DH will be deploying to iraq very soon and we have a 8 1/2 month old and another one on the way. he will be gone or a yr or maybe more if he gets extended. im actually moving back home to be closer to family b/c i dont know anyone here. i know its going to be hard but i try not to think about it so much and apreciate the time i have with him.
    marine_wife_07

Answer by marine_wife_07 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My husband is in Iraq, not as military, but as a contractor supporting the troops. My heart goes out to each of you, I know how much you miss him and worry about him. My husband says he has never had a job where he felt more appreciated. I would love to make new freinds. Happy New Year to each of you.
    wfc2687

Answer by wfc2687 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2010