PLEASE ADVICE DIARRHEA FOR SEVEN DAYS

recieved fever blisters in her mouth and a fever rash all over her body fought this high fever for three days no a low grade temp is still goin on at times she also vomited on the first day before starting the diarrhea now still seven days later and three trips to the doctors still diarrhea she can have a three hour break maybe once a day then none stop diarrhea that has changed colors manny times to dark dark green light green dark brown light brown yellow and some mucus the first doctor thought stomach bug the second thought rotavirus now this third is unsure ganna take stool samples in have managed to keep her hydrated thank god with sips heer n there and very littler food in her he is testing her for ecoli n the rotavirus i am soooo scared any advice whould be appriciated PLEASE my daughter is goint o be two on the fifth of june

millerchic

Asked by millerchic at 12:27 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like you're doing everything right. The only advice I have is be strong for her and keep going to the docs until you get a correct diagnosis and treatment. The freezer pops that come in the tubes may help keep her gradually hydrated as well since they're basically frozen cool-aid.

Sendingpraying& hugs your way mama.

MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If I were you I'd take her to the ER especially if they're suspecting ecoli. My niece had ecoli and was in the hospital for a few days on an IV.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 12:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Have you tried a probiotic? These work well when my daughter has issues with diarrehea.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Call your Dr ! If you have been seeing one I'd go to a new one. The ER would be a waste of time.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:05 PM on May. 25, 2011