How long did it take you to get back into your pre-pregnancy clothes?

My baby is 6 months old and I still can't fit in my pants! I'm feeling pretty discouraged. I should feel proud of my body after bringing such a beautiful little girl into the world.
I started doing P90X... hopefully that will help!

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 12:29 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 11 days after delivery I was back in my pre-preggo clothes. I gained 14 pounds during and shed 31 pounds after. I was lucky cuz I was overweight to begin with.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• 2 days lol. My extra weight was all baby and was came off when he came out.
    Anonymous

• My youngest is 4 years old and I'm still waiting....ugh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• First time around, it took a year and 15 extra pounds to get back to the same size. (I gained 30, lost all of it immediately, but it took losing 45 total to get to the same size.)

Second time around, it took maybe 3 weeks. (I gained 17 and lost 30 immediately.)

Pregnancy changes you. Your body may not ever look the same as it did before baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• with my son right after he was born i was just losing weight with him.... as for my daughter i'm not to sure yet but so far i really haven't gained any weight with her and i'm 23 weeks pregers so i'm hoping for the same but if not i'm working my butt off after my 3 months postpartum

mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• 3 years. I think I put on another 20 to 30 (maybe even 40?) pounds after I had him. Thankfully I'm getting back down again!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:38 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I went home wearing regular clothes.

20 years later, and mid 50's, whole different story-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:13 PM on May. 24, 2011