Help I need advice from moms to make my fiancee feel better!

My fiancee and I are supposed to be getting married June 23, 2009, but Im planning the wedding do admit I have been alittle stressed and not getting enough sleep. My Maid of Honour told my fiancee she thinks Im depressed, but then he came into the bedroom in tears and got down on one knee and told me he didn't want a big wedding he didn't care about all the flowers and gifts and cake he just wanted it to be about us coming as one. He told me he'd take me anywhere I wanted to get married just me and him and we'd get married, he said Bahamas, Hawaii, Italy, anywhere I named and he would arrange it and I could even wear my dress. I want this day to be like a fairy tale to me though, but my fiancee doesn't cry a lot and to see him in tears is just tearing me apart because I love him more than anything. I just want to know what everyone else would do? And he wants to know if just because Im stressed means Im depressed?

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 3:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell your fiancee that he is an amazing man and you are so lucky to have him. Then state your desires. Only you can say if you are depressed, but most women do want that one fairytale day. So do what makes you happy and it sounds like that will make him happy too!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• OH HOW BEAUTIFUL!! Your maid of honor and your fiance clearly both love you very very much. Tell your fiance what's exactly stressing you about the wedding and see how you can get destressed - less bridesmaids groomsmen? less guests? He sounds very caring, your guy. Is he helping you? Or is he comforting you while your planning? Tell him what will make the stress not so bad is for him to help. Some of that help can be to talk about why you want it as big as it is. I think both of them are telling you that you and he matter the most not you and the type, size of wedding!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The previous answer really was perfect.

The best thing he can do...help. Take over some job, any job with the wedding.

Best thing YOU can do? Relax. Honestly, there's no such thing as a fairy tale wedding. Something WILL go wrong, no matter how well you plan. **grin** So relax, because in 50 years the two of you will laugh about it! Nobody ever talks about the perfect wedding 50 years later...they talk about the pratfalls. For my parents, that was my dad wrecking his brother-in-law's car on the way to the wedding. For me, it was my dad being so zonked on Valium he never remembered the wedding. For my brother, it was an outdoor ceremony in a misty rain! All beyond the control of those who planned the weddings...and we laugh about all of it now.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• they are both correct my wedding was fabulous but we forgot the silverware i had a barbecue type reception and didn't wear my dress for the dances and my cake topper fell off the cake but i still feel i had a great wedding in fact the weddings theme was butterflies and dragons and butterflies were flying all over the wedding it was outside

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We eloped and used the money my parents would have spent on a down payment on a house. Solved all stresses and worries.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Every little girl dreams of their fairy tale wedding. But without the groom their is no fairy tale wedding. He is offering his heart and a life long commitment to you. That is a DREAM COME TRUE not a fantasy. If you can reach a compromise with him to give him what he wants (This is his wedding too)  And compromise what you want...Then you can come together AS ONE...

MamaGuru

Answer by MamaGuru at 10:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• What a wonderful man! What is a fairy tale wedding? Why does it entail and why is it so important? It sounds like he's offering to give you a gorgeous, one of a kind wedding, with no stress for you. And you still get to look like a princess. Hon, I'd take him up on it, let him make this day special for you...how much more fairy tale can you get?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2008