my mom is dishonest with me (and others)

Anyone here coping with a dishonest relative and is it possible to rebuild trust when their ego is so wrapped up in covering up their lies? or they continue to make choices as if they dont' have any personal convictions towards their integrity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• my sister is the worst!!! She and I have had several fights over the last few years and it always involves her stabbing me in the back. When I confront her, there is always HER version of what happened and why she did it but I never get an "I'm sorry". I have given her so many chances so we can be friendly but every single time I try to put her actions behind me, she screws me over. The last things she did was sleep with the guy I was seeing. He called me crying telling me I was the one he cared about and her version was he raped her. I swear. Family can really suck, huh?
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 5:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• actually not only my mom, but my sister does this and my grandma that used to be alive, somehow my grandma's affection overrode the fact that she treated others the way my mom and my sister treat me, my grandma didn't treat me this way so I was so forgiving and accepting of her character flaw, even though I though it wasn't good for her relationship with others and all the fights, but of course since I was young I was more upset with those that didn't totally accept my grandma's quirk to tell lies. of course, until she betrayed me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We go through the same with my MIL - dfh has caught her in many lies recently. We try to be cordial, but have excluded her from our lives as much as possible. It is so much more peaceful without that dramain our lives.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 5:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Oh MY GOD! Are we sisters?? LOL Yes..My Mom drives me nuts!
    SuZQ55

Answer by SuZQ55 at 5:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My brother is a habitual liar. Its very hard to deal with. We don't have a very good relationship but I've been trying to make it better. Its really hard when you never know if what he's saying is true or not.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2008