My son woke up in the middle of the night screaming...........

he doesnt talk he is four just turned today and he woke up screaming i saw him holding his stomach i thought it was his constipation bc he is constipated all the time but he has been going everyday little by little. and he is too skinny to be constipated then i thought it could be gas. im not quite sure anyone have an idea of what might be going on? i know no diagnosis can be made and im not asking for one. i dont know if anyone else is going or has gon through this before. I put him in the tub he settled down and then i took him out to put him to bed he does not want to be in his room at all so i took him down stairs and turned on stuart little to make him happier and now he is running around and has only stoped once in the last hour and whined a little about his stomach. can any one help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bring him to the Dr. Maybe it's something internally?
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 5:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Could be a million things. He is four and doesn't talk? Does he have other things going on too?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• He doesnt talk at all or he just isnt telling you what is wrong? If he does talk I would try to get something out of him about why he is waking and crying. other than that the only thing can say is take him to the dr's so he can be checked.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It could be night terrors an extreme form of nightmares that can happen at this age. I would also definately get him to the ped about grabbing his tummy like that! Does not sound good- and repetitve constipation at 4yo is not normal- maybe time to bring him into a pediatric gastroenterologist.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 10:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son used to have night terrors and sleep walk...why I don't know but he did. Also he used to wake up with stomach pain also and I found out that the milk he drank was giving him really bad gas. I got him these pink chewable pills for children's gas and I tried different milks with him. He has grown out of it a little bit to where he can be on regular milk but there are still certain milks he can't have. See if something you give him is giving him some gas.
    envyme72

Answer by envyme72 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008