So do women that wear low cut shirts provoke men and beg to be raped?

I had that said to me in another question. An anon poster said that our olive harvesters looked at me in innapropriate ways did so because I was provoking them with low cut shirts and begging to be raped. I guess because my display pic has cleavage means I always dress like that, yes?Hmmm. Well for one I didn't wear low cut shirts when I was 12-17. It didn't matter what I wore so no... that's not the reason. What do you think? Do women that show cleavage beg to be raped?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 5:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Well i guess if thats the case then thats what i want... WHY THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE SAY THAT TO YOU! Me and all my friends and my MIL always dress like this and even in the summer when its hot . I think whoever told you that just needs a big kick in the ass lol....Im a little disturbed someone would say that
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I swear this is the rudest thing I have seen this morning. Begging to be raped? What are you, trying to start trouble??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Did you even read the question? This is NOT rude at all. Someone said this to ME!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Well of course not, (not that you would) but a woman could walk past naked and it would still be wrong if a man raped her and it still wouldn't be her fault completely, IMO. Also a low cut t-shirt is just something that shows off some women's best assets and it's not their fault if men sometimes interpret that in the wrong way or if the man is sick in the head.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think that is an excuse that defense attorneys use to get their clients free. Because of this, that way of thinking has leaked into the mainstream. Its completely ridiculous and that anon was completely in the wrong. I didn't even get to read it because the OP deleted it. I'm sure you didn't do anything to provoke those men at all and like I mentioned before, I've had to threaten men with jail time to get them off of me and I was in a freakin restaurant uniform= not sexy at all.
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 5:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• And yeah anon it WAS the rudest thing. And yes, SHE was trying to start trouble when she said it to ME.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• No, wearing a low cut shirt does not mean you are begging to be raped. If you become a target of some pervert it doesn't matter what your wearing. Rape is all about control.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think that is some older people's way of saying put some clothes on, because that is what they were taught. I don't agree with it, but my mom has said that kind of think and it always makes me mad.
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 7:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree love my boys. But I LOVE my display pic. It's one that my husband adores so when I see it I think "Josh thinks I look pretty in that pic." It makes me feel good and think good thoughts about Josh.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Rape is a crime of HATE, not of passion.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008