Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Okay so my DH and I have been together for 3 years. In those 3 years we've had a baby and a lot of drama. Everything from him treating me like I'm his property, to him acting like he's cheating, to him accusing me of cheating, and it finally got physical one time. We're still together, but have separated more than once...what should I do? I know I'm not an easy person to get along with either, but nothing I've done has been to deserve this...I feel like in some way I should stick it out because I know he had a bad childhood and practically raised himself. But I'm afraid the same things are going to happen again and I just can't forgive and forget. He's promised me time and time again that he'll never let these things happen and so far they haven't but I can't stop thinking about it. What should I do?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Get Tell him it is the only way you will stay, is if he goes too..if he refuses then at least you know where he stands..he has no intention of changing it. If he even attempts it again call police and let him know you are serious as a heart attack. Bullies hate being jail...they get bullied there and they hate it! I've lived this. If he gets by with it once he'll do it again. Don't skrew around til you end up in the hospital or dead. And don't think for a second that this isn't headed that direction. Anger managemnt classes and counseling. Usually a Womens Center will offer them for free. You need to go even if he doesn't..It will save your life.

    Answer by SuZQ55 at 5:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • First thing, decide if you want to live the rest of your life this way then go from there.

    Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • Since you aren't happy, get counseling, and also start preparing for life on your own, just in case. Get job training, get a bank account on your own.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • You have to make YOUR mind up!! YOU have to forgive and forget!! IF you don't it will eat away at YOU!! Get counseling or get out!! ITs your choice.. Don't stay just because you have a child. I stayed in a BAD relationship for 16yrs JUST because I had kids.. Didn't help my kids any better.. Before you know it that 3yrs will turn into 15yrs.. IF you are questioning yourself NOW, Its time to make some KIND of MOVE!! Good luck..

    Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • If you have to ask others what you should do...I believe you already know what to do. I am an on line life coach so I guess its fair for me to say this.  People are going to treat you the way you allow them to. Who has not had a dysfunctional childhood? You can offer him your concerns but his behavior will not be receptive b/c he talks down on you already which tells me he is not sincere yet. He already proved that from times you did leave him and there had not been any change. He will continue to behave this way b/c of his childhood "learned behavior". You must ask yourself if you want your children to grow up like him...If you stay they will. Learned behavior..


    Answer by MamaGuru at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • Just harping...GET COUNCILING.....NOW!

    Insanity is repeating the same things over and over expecting different results and thats exactly what you two are doing.

    Answer by munch12502 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008