DAY CARE AT HOUSE

I would like to rent a house and start my own day care buissnes and here's my question. Can I run a daycare in rented house or I have to own???

alexaus

Asked by alexaus at 1:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• I' not sure if it varies from state to state, but in CA you may rent a home, and it is illegal for the landlord to tell you you can't have a daycare there. (However there are forms to fill out letting them know your plans.)
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much for the answer.
    alexaus

Answer by alexaus at 2:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You can rent and run a daycare just check with your cities county office who does the licensing
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I live in Idaho and I run an in-home child care program. I own my home, but I could rent and still have my business. To be certified through the state where I live to be a licensed care provider, I have to pass a yearly inspection and be first aide and CPR certified... I dont think it matters if you rent or own...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2008