How do you make new friend when your home all dag day?

I have 4 kids full time and 1 girl every other weekend. Ages are 5,6,10,11,13. Im new to this little town and Have made friend with my tow neibers but I need more. I Grew up mostly in Newberg, but moved away my sophmore year. Now I don't know anyone and Im 32. I feel so alone and with all the stresses lately and now Christmas fastly aproching I just feel like Im going to cry but I can't and I know when I finnaly do It's not going to stop for a while. Just at my breaking point and Iam not close with my family. I don't have time nore the money to go out. I do get out onece a week to go bowling on the leuge Im on. but I bowl with my sister and I can't talk to her about mostly everything. I have five kids she has none and thinks she knows it all.

countryhome

Asked by countryhome at 7:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Are there any clubs nearby that you can join? Say mom's clubs or something. Or could you get in contact with more people through these 2 new people. If there isn't a club in your area, maybe you could start one and advertise for it? etc. Also I guess you could look around on cafemom to check if there's anyone on here who live near you and would like to do playdates and that. And of course I'll be your friend online :).
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If your children are in school maybe you could try talking to some of the other mothers their. I know for me I started talking to the mothers at PTO meeting and have developed some great friend ships from that. I would also look at going to the local library or park and rec and seeing if they have any groups.

I know how hard it is to feel like you have no one to talk to. If you ever need to vent just send me a message.

Good Luck and remember you are not alone.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was in the same boat at 28 yrs old. I just got involved with the PTA and school activities like field trips and carnevals. I figured the kids would go anyway and I met alot of friends that way.

Answer by gemgem at 7:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Churches or other religious groups are good ways to get to meet people. The Y may have programs that include both moms and children. Scouts?

Answer by Bmat at 7:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i have drove myself crazy at times w/ this question u see i'm a stay at home mom, when i just went to church it was hard to make friends but when i became active in my church it seemed like everyone was my friend.Also working out at the local gym you can make friends there or if you can get a lil part-time job work one day out of the week tell them thats all you can work....that should help....
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Search out playdates or places you could volunteer and make friends that way. If you are religious, go get involved in the church and you will find many friends there. Also, get involved with your kids school and attend PTA meetings. Basically the best way would be to find something that interests you and get involved in it and then you will find other mom's with the same interests. Hope this helps!
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 8:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've met a lot of women volunteering at my dd's school. Benefits all of us. Helps to know people on staff at the school too, they might feel more comfortable talking to you about potential problems etc... Thru my kids I've learned that if I follow the advice I've given then, it really does work... in a store, smile and start making conversation. I'm very shy but my 3 yr old has opened up a lot of conversations to me (she talks to EVERYONE)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Girl I truly know that feeling. I have 5 children myself. And a stay at home mom. Which was very difficult for me b/c I worked as a legal assistant and had a career......I used that opportunity to start with volunteering at the school. It does not sound so glamorous I know but there are other moms in the same boat and I met some moms there and we did lunch or coffee at times as well. Go to the Cafe Mom search also, there you can find moms in your town and get connected that way. OR take a class you had been wanting to take but have not. I took a cake decorating class and there I found some friends there.

MamaGuru

Answer by MamaGuru at 9:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• CONTINUE.......Bottom line honey....The best company/friend you can establish is YOU. Be your own best friend FIRST and you will be surprised that you will not feel alone. I am an on line Life Coach..Invite me as a friend...I would be HONORED to have you as my friend. Be True To Yourself! Much Love ALways...
    MamaGuru

Answer by MamaGuru at 9:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've met my best friends by getting involved with the different ministries of our church.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2008