OK so I lost my mucous plug on Sunday and have been having bloody show ever since. Sometimes it is worse or heavier than other times. My question is, should I keep my MD appointment for today or just show up for my induction tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ok some of you are being a little harsh with your answers maybe she is a first time mom and does not know i thought that this was a place for moms or moms to be to be able toask questions and not feel ridiculed
    as for the Question
    If it was me i would call the doctor first thing this morning and let them know what is going on and that you do have an appt today and see if they want to move up the appt time or keep it the same they may go ahead and admit you and start the induction early so be prepared you may have your little one a day early
    i hope everything goes well keep us informed
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 9:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Whya re you getting induced? It seems to me baby is working on getting out himself just fine. Inductions are risky and just plain unnecessary. Let your baby come when he/she wants to.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i would go ahead and keep your appointment.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am being induced because of gestational diabetes, polyhydramios (too much amniotic fluid) and high blood pressure. I know that inductions can be risky, but this one is neccessary, trust me. I have been on bed rest for about a total of 14 weeks.
    rneighbors

Answer by rneighbors at 7:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Keep your appointment. No use to worry.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I had GD and had to be induced as well. Id keep the appt because they may go over some things with you in regards to the induction. Thats what they did with me. They even put me in the night before.

Answer by gemgem at 7:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• keep the app. see your doc he may want to change some things you never know....
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Isn't this a question for your DOCTOR????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If you're having the show already, go ahead and keep the appt today. It could be risky to wait another day. The show usually comes right before birth. You may need to be induced today, honey.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i agree. if baby is making noticeable progress dont get induced. you may not have to. i was induced but baby just found a spot and hung out for a few weeks.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008