what do i do?

okay so the other day we went and bought groceries. this weekend my husband made a ham,which i felt was stupid since that is what we are having for christmas, and yesterday he made a big pot of chili and scalloped potatoes and ham. so now i have a fridge full of food. why is it that when we have food everyone thinks they have to have everything at one time and when we don't they all want to sit and bitch cuz there is nothing to eat? well there was something to eat two weeks ago but you people had to eat it all in two days. does anyone else have this problem. now i am the one who has to worry about putting everything in freezable containers and findin room for it all. uggh

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 7:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• this happens alot for me because we get foodstamps so at the first of the month we have all this food and then they grab it up and eat everything like animals foraging for winter and then at the end of the month eveyone go around whinning about how this person ate this and this person ate that, so your not only one sister!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have teen boys so I definately have that problem. I just had to expand what I bought and resign myself to shopping twice a week (breaking up what total in two trips a week). I usually spend around $175 a week in food. Instead I go to the store and spend $100 on Saturdays and then Wed I go back and spend another $75. That way there isnt a ton there to tempt them. They complain all the time because theres nothing to eat when there is plenty but I break it up so they cant eat all at once then we have no food.

Answer by gemgem at 8:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ya right now we are down to nothing but everytime we buy food its gone in a couple of days and then till the next time we have no food.. it sucks... and we always have left overs but never eat them
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am just like Ballardmomma. I thought I wa the only one.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We don't "run out" or anything, but a few weeks ago I got good and MAD about throwing out food in this house. We are big enough pigs that not one bite of food should be thrown away and we were throwing so much out. I will cook for a couple days and then go on strike until the leftovers are eaten. We open one two boxes of snacks and cereal at a time and don't open more until they are gone.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2008