My daughter asked for earrings

She is only 3 yrs old.. i have always said i will give get her ears done when she asks for them..so today at 2 were going to get them done .....how old were your daughters when they got their ears pierced?

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 12:47 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• my dd was 4 months old.... I was sick of people seeing her with her twin brother, he enveloped in pink fluff, him in blue and asking, "Oh twins!!! 2 Boys????"
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My dd was around 4... She screamed! But now, she's glad she did it. She's 10 and loves expressing her personality on her ears. LOL
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 12:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• my daughter was 6months old. when my neice asked her mom to get hers peirced when she was 3 her mom let her get them done n she cried about them all the time getting in her way n always took them out then itd hurt her when we had to push the earrings back through. so i decided if i was going to get my daughters peirced id better do it when shes a baby so she'd get use to them
    good luck :)
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 12:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My oldest was around 8 weeks old. My 2nd dd hasnt gotten them but we are likely going for them over the summer.

Answer by gemgem at 12:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My dd asked for them at 6. She did great! Sat still, and didnt cry or get upset! She has a good earring collection now, thanks to gramma! lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• 6
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• The agreement with my mom and me was I could get them when I was responsible enough to care for them myself. I had my ears pierced at 8, and it was a total disaster. I let them grow up. I got them re-pierced at 11, and haven't had any problems since. I feel that we'll do the same with our daughter.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Both my daughter's were done at 6 mos old (one of which was last Friday!)
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My daughter was almost 4. If you haven't gone yet, I strongly encourage you to go to a licensed piercer who uses a needle rather then a place that uses a gun. That's what we did, and I recommend a licensed piercer to anyone, of any age, getting any part of their body pierced. I'd said the same thing as you, that I'd wait until she asked. Once she wanted them, I explained what would happen, and that it would hurt a little. Once I was sure that she fully understood, and was OK with all of that, I still waited until she was fully potty trained (for poop) and had given up her bedtime pacifier (which both happened around the same time), and made the earrings her reward.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:39 PM on May. 23, 2011