After sex...

I insert a tampon because I hate waking up in a "puddle" of cum. Will this effect my chances of conceiving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• im nt sure aboout the concieving bt the bacteria cause yeast infections
    kiara_gray

Answer by kiara_gray at 12:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't know about your chances of conceiving but I know that it's not good to use tampons when you're not on your period - as it can cause you to be more prone to toxic shock syndrome and infections.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 12:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• IT COULD GIVE U TSS STOP THAT!!! if ur TTC then put ur legs up and sit there for a while.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• You should never EVER use a tampon unless your on your period, it can dry up the vagina and cause problems. Why not use a pad if you don't like waking up with a puddle?
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• As others have said, usuing tampons when you ARENT bleeding is dangerous. Also unless that tampon gets stuck in your cervix, I don't see how it could possibly affect conception in anyway shape or form
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• it can definatly affect conception, because it will soak up all the sperm preventing it from reaching the cervical opening, allowing insemmination.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 1:08 PM on May. 23, 2011

• NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

If anything it is most likely soaking up the semenial fluid and keeping the sperm from being able to swim up stream!!!

You only have to lay there for a few minutes, 25 tops and then you can get up to clean yourself.
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about buying a Diva Cup for this purpose? It will hold the cum in, keep you from waking in a puddle, and not give you TSS or absorb the semen and keep it from getting to the egg.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 2:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would think it soaks everything up??
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just jeep your hips elevated for 20 minutes or so and just wipe up afterwards for anything that sneaks out.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:47 PM on May. 23, 2011