Hunger Games??

Found a site where I can borrow books for my Kindle for free! woo hoo! I've heard different mamas talking about Hunger Games on here before but since I've never heard of it before I didnt really pay any attention...can someone tell me what they thought about the books if they've read them? Thanx ladies!

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:51 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• I loved The Hunger Games trilogy!!! And my (almost) 13 yo son liked it too. Definitely give it a try.

There's also going to be a movie based on the first book. Can't wait!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I just finished the first book, can't wait to start the second and third.
    Its a good book. The kids in high school have it as required reading..
    Its a good book..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I haven't read them but my 13 yr old really liked them, the first the most he said.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• There is some Young Adult (YA) fiction that is really chiefly for young adults. There is other YA fiction that is categorized as such simply because the main character is a teenager. I think of YA as the PG rating for a movie - PG means the younger kids can read it, but doesn't mean older readers won't enjoy it at least as much.

Hunger Games is one of those latter book series. It was thoroughly enjoyable to read. Without giving too much away, it reminded me of "Survivor" and "Running Man" (in a good way).

I won't debate great literary status of Hunger Games. If books were restaurants "Hunger Games" would be Chick-fil-A - really good, but still fast food.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:33 PM on May. 23, 2011