Think about this really.....

Do you favor one child more than the others, we have three girls and i favor my middle one the most i know most ppl will say shame on me but she was planned and she has this great personallity and long blond hair she was the kind of girl in school all the other girls wante to be and all the boys wanted to date....i just love her i don't let ti show to my other kids but this is the way i rearly feel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well, I love all three of my girls, but I favor them each in little ways. My oldest is very mature, shares a lot of my interests, and we are great friends. I sometimes sneak and let her stay up past her bedtime so we can talk like girlfriends. My middle is a girly-girl, and has the looks to go with it, so I'm always picking up something pretty for her hair or jewelry. My youngest, however, is an absolute blast to be around. I really shouldn't let her get by with so much, but she's so witty and sassy half the time all I can do is laugh.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 8:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my daughter and i get along better then my son and i do. i love all my children to death and i love them for them,but my daughter is seventeen she was my first and even though i have a one year old daughter too my seventeen year old will always be my baby. my son is just a boy and would rather be mouthy and slam doors then sit and talk to me about anything. i'm not going to say i show favoritism but right now my son is just hard to get along with he's fourteen and wants nothing to do with mom right now. so i let him be and turn my attention to my daughters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• No honestly I love my kids all the same for diff reasons. I have 5. They all have various personalities and a little of mine in each of them. One is a young mom like I was and reminds me alot of me when I was a young mom. My oldest son has my horrible temper and brown eyes, my middle son is a clown and makes me laugh all the time and looks like my departed g randpa, my youngest son is highly intelligent and wants to be a missionary when he grows up (like I wanted to be) and my baby is as fiesty as they come and reminds me of all the women in my family including me. So see they all have diff things they offer which is why I l ove them each sooo much and couldnt choose one over the other.
    My grandma though did have favorites when she raised her so I guess for some women its normal? For me though they all are diff and thats why I love them all the same.

Answer by gemgem at 8:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It depends on when and how I favor them I shelter my son more because he went through alot with his birth mother. My daughter I try and protect her more because she was very close to dying when she was born. I love both of my children equal but in very different ways.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 8:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My oldest son is my favorite when I want to have a good geopolitical or history discussion....(he's 14)
    my daughter is my favorite when it's time to clean the house or make bread ..(she's 7 YO and TOTALLY domestic, when she's not on the four wheeler w/ DH)
    My youngest is my favorite when the chores are done and I have nothing better to do than sit on the couch and cuddle.. (he's 4 MO)
    And sometimes I even like my dog when the kids are off at grandmas and there's nobody to talk to :-)
    And DH is my favorite when I get up for work and realized I forgot to set the coffee maker and he's already made a pot!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yeah you are all their moms and should try to treat them the same. you are going to mess the other ones up... it is wrong.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I only have one child right now.... but I've NEVER been the kind of person to pick favorites.

As an example- All of my friends are different, unique, individual people. I don't have a "best" friend, I love them all the SAME AMOUNT but I love them each DIFFERENTLY- because each one brings something different to my life.

I really do think it's wrong to favor a particular child over the other ones. I've seen many children act out, fail school, rebel, and in general accept the role as the "bad child" because they can SENSE that their parents love their brother or sister more.

I know you're trying to be honest to your feelings- but I think you should take the time to get to know your other kids on a deeper level, and appreciate them for who they are- even if they're NOT the "perfect girl" that all the other girls want to be and all the boys want to date...
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008