Am I experiencing a miscarriage?

Hi Everyone, I ended up finding out that I was pregnant on Thursday last week. When I talked to a nurse she said that spotting brown was fine. I was also having some pain in my pelvic area. She said it sounded fine. They refused to give me a sonogram and sent me on my way. The last day and a half I noticed bright pink blood. It wasn't enough to cover a pad in an hour so I didn't think anything of it. Then there seemed to be some type of blood clot, then the blood went brown again and then turned gray. I still have symptoms of being pregnant like nausia and a ridiculous high sense of smell. However, I just don't feel like I am pregnant today. It just is different. I do not have the pains any more and finally able to walk around better than I did the last few days.

Could this mean that I had a miscarriage? Are there other symptoms that I am missing? I never experienced a miscarriage and I don't know whether I'm just being over dramatic or not.

Thanks!

KMKM04Mommy

Asked by KMKM04Mommy at 12:54 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call ur doctor.. and ask the dr.. or go to the ER
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:56 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Call the doctor. It could be a number of things from miscarriage, to implantation bleeding to a broken blood vessel in the placenta.

Answer by gemgem at 12:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It sounds like you may have. The clot is what makes me think it may have been. The only way to know for sure is to have your hormones retested to see if they are rising or falling.
    Anonymous

• definitely go to the doctor and see what's going on. when i miscarried, i had just found out i was pregnant, too, so i was only a couple of weeks along, and yet i hurt for like two weeks straight, until all the bleeding stopped. not sure what it might be, but go to the doctor just in case. good luck, mama!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 12:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• if you go to the ER the generally give you an emergencgy sonogram. just remember every woman and pregnancy is different. you could be having a miscarriage so you need to see your dr immediatly or go to the ER. but also spotting can mean nothing at all some woman just bleed throughout their pregnancy. but definetly talk to a professional asap
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 12:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i meant call ur dr and ask the dr not a nurse sry*
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was afraid that I might get replies like this. Thank you everyone. I'll go to the dr. and see what happens. I'll respond with an update.
    KMKM04Mommy

Comment by KMKM04Mommy (original poster) at 1:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Hi K -

Oh my! Although every woman's body reacts differently to pregnancy in a variety of ways I am surprised that the nurse excused your concern by saying "You can go home now." And NO you are not being overly dramatic! I would certainly look into this. If you are concerned, the physicians and nurses should respect that and take a look to be sure everything is going well. Only YOU know what your body is telling you. My intention is not to alarm you but to explain that your concern is reasonable. Contact your Dr. and make another appointment OR go to the hospital and explain your symptoms and let them take a look. Just my suggestion. Depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy they may or may not be able to notice a heart bet yet.

My first pregnancy ended with a DNC at 10 weeks. My fetus had stopped growing and was the size of an 8 week fetus. I still felt like I had a healthy pregnancy.

Sending a HUG your way!
    SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 1:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Hi Sarah,

I am 8 1.2 weeks along. Which is why I am a little nervous about it. Especially after what you said.
    KMKM04Mommy

Comment by KMKM04Mommy (original poster) at 1:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just so you know that there is hope I have had bleeding and clotting and carried to term. There is always a chance that nothing is wrong.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:29 PM on May. 23, 2011