Diarrhea????

Its has been going for 3 days now in my 6 month old, his little bum is chapped from all the poo. I called the doctor but he says its nothing to worry aout, but I am worried..........
Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After 3 days, yes I would be concerned. Call the dr back and just schedule an appt if he won't listen to you over the phone. If it had only been a day, I'd say give it another day, sometimes they get it and it just goes away, just a little tummy upset. But 3 days would worry me even in an adult. Does he have any other problems? That would also make a difference.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Is there any consistancy to the poop? If so, it isn't condiered diarrhea. If he's eating, as well. Don't wory. You only need to worry if he's starting to get dehydrated. Try putting lots of vaseline or aquaphor on baby's bottom after each change to prevent the sore bottom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• make your 8 month old some scortched flour. you may think im nuts telling you to put flour on your 8 month olds bum but it works. all you do is cook the flour in a pan until it turns light brown then let it cool. i used it on my son alot and its wonderful.
    adawn1722

Answer by adawn1722 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008