Random question...I'm too scared to look down there yet haha adult content

So I know I got a small hemorrhoid from either my last pregnancy or this crazy fast that I did afterwards. I wasn't too worried about it, even though it was embarrassing during certain positions with hubby, so we stopped until I could figure out how I was going to get rid of it. Well, during this second pregnancy it got worse. Then I was a VBAC for delivery, so I KNOW the pushing made it worse. I could almost feel it.

Well...here's the thing...the doctor took a long time stitching me up afterwards and they didn't advice me any special treatment for the hemorrhoid afterwards which I thought was weird. Now when I wipe down there it doesn't feel like it's down there anymore. I'm too scared to actually look at anything down there quite yet at 10 days PP, but I'm sure I'll get too curious to not look soon.

My question is, would my doctor do something to the hemorrhoid to remove it afterwards? She numbed me up pretty good with shots before doing anything down there. Or do you think it's just shrunk dramatically since I'm not pregnant anymore? I've researched hemorrhoidectomies (sp?) online and am wondering if she would have done anything down there similar to this. I don't know, she's just a very down to earth, understanding doctor. She's always talked to me as an equal and like a real person. I could see her seeing the hemorrhoid and feeling bad and trying to do something to help. I'll definitely ask at my 6wk check up, but am just wondering now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• They could have lanced it while you were numb, which would allow it to drain and go away.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I had one while pregnant. It went away on its own.
    Anonymous

• My mom had a hemorrhoid removed and they hurt like hell, because they have to be left open to heal. They can't just lance it, I don't think, they generally either have to remove or tie rubber bands around them at the top but that's with internal ones. It's likely it just went on its own. My pregnancy hemorrhoid did.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 1:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• she probably pushed it back up and she numbed you up so you could be more comfortable down there
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 2:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• They can't just get rid of a hemerroid - they bleed too much, take too much special care while healing, and it would be extremely painful for you right now. It is very possible it shrunk up on it's own, it is very possible it's still there but not bothering you at all. Just take a look, or feel around in the shower.
    Anonymous

• Ok girls, so I looked. It's still there just back to being barely noticeable! Plus I was terrified of my "area" changing or looking bad, but honestly it looks exactly the same, maybe even better from what I remember considering I haven't been able to even see it for months lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yes I agree with the others, that's probably what happened as she would not have been allowed to "remove" it without your written consent
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:55 PM on May. 24, 2011