Wanting to get the kanect for my son...

my son i 2 and i think it would be a great idea for a fun interacting game for him... do your kids love it?

mommys2cupcakes

Asked by mommys2cupcakes at 1:03 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• The Kinect is great - but not for a two year old. I have a tall-for-her-age 3 year old, and it still has issues registering her body movements. Not only that, must most of the games are going to be to complicated for a toddler.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Mine have Wii. They want a Kinect but I can't justify the money for not only the console but then investing into the kinect games. Kinect looks like great interactive fun though.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yes! my son is 2 and my daughter is 3 and my husband is 21 and i can hardly get them away from it lol. its cute n its excerise for my kids lol i love it
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 1:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Mine love it, the entire family loves it...I've played the Wii and the PS motion game and neither compare to the Kinect in my opinion. I even do my workout using mine w/ the Active II game. We play bowling, boxing, race cars...so much fun for everyone!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 1:08 PM on May. 23, 2011

• my 4 yr old loves it, but I don't know if a 2 yr old would understand it. My 4yo get frustrated with it sometimes.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We have the Kinect and it isn't good for toddlers. The thing that scans your body doesn't go down far enough to register my 3 year old, so she can't play at all. It confuses the game and we have to move her totally out of the play zone. It's fine once they hit a certain height, but it unfortunately won't work. Sometimes it has issues with my 8 year old playing with my husband and she's over 4 feet tall. It has to face downwards to catch her movements and then can't register my husband's movements all the time with him being over 6 feet. Definitely wait till he is older.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 1:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• too* complicated
    DusterMommy