My baby drank/licked WHAT?????

this may sounds nuts but I totally freaked out..the other night i was preparing chicken pasta salad with fresh chicken..i had trimmed it and placed the packaging in the trash etc..my dd 16mnths was running around playing..while i was cutting up the vegi's i noticed she had gotten quiet..only to turn around and find her with the chicken paper in hand licking the inside where the raw chicken had been!! The juice was in her mouth on her clothes and hands. I freaked cleaned her up and called the local er where they told me not to worry she would be fine. What do you ladies think? Has this happened to you or someone you know? Its been a few days and my dd is fine..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddlers are great arent they?? lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My ds does this also. I could be seasoning the chicken and reach up in the cabinent and his hand is all over the chicken. he then tries to lick it. I caught him licking a tree the other day. lol the things the do....
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 1:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My son took a bite of raw chicken, I freaked too, he was fine. Just watch for signs of food poisening but since she hasn' gotten sick yet (it happens within the first 24 hrs) she will be fine! Breath!! :)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:16 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Lol, it is bound to happen mama. I will never forget the time my oldest decided to lick a dishwasher tablet while I was cooking dinner. She was about 1 at the time and had figured out how to open up the child proof locks to the cabinets. I was talking to her while cooking and just as yours she got really quiet. I didn't even hear her open up the cabinet! I turned around and there she sat licking the damn thing! I freaked out, called poisen control and was almost in tears. Poisen control told me to give her some water and she would be fine. Pretty scary stuff, but she was fine.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Well, it wasn't raw chicken but it was equally gross. I came across my son with half of a box elder bug in his mouth. Never did find the other half, so I assumed he ate it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was cooking breakfast and didn't notice my son snuck a raw piece of bacon and was happily eating it! Another time, it wasn't my son but my nephew. He was at our house and his sister found him drinking water out of the dog bowl. Blechh.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:28 PM on May. 23, 2011

• haha i was carrying in groceries the other day and i have to haul them across the street so i just sit them inside my door then move to the kitchen, I came back from my 2nd trip out and my daughter had ripped open a pack of steaks and was happy as a lark sitting there gnawing on a fat raw steak. :) If your daughter hasnt gotten sick yet, she wont! :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I still remember when my little brother bit a slug in half *shudders*
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I can see my daughter is going to be a terror! LOL she is 6 mos old and she put the cat's tail in her mouth the other day. I said "Stop that or you will be the one with the hairball!"
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Gross!!! lol I'm sure she'll be fine, but that is pretty gross!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:10 PM on May. 23, 2011