When to brush baby's teeth?

My daughter is 1 year and 3 weeks old now.. I still haven't decided whether to start brushing her teeth. I think she still doesn't know how to spit and am kinda' worried she might swallow some toothpaste..
When did you start brushing your baby's teeth, ladies?

ayeeza

Asked by ayeeza at 1:17 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go ahead and begin. There are several training toothpastes out there that don't have flouride in them and are safe to swallow. I have been brushing my son's teeth since he was about a year old.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:19 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i started as soon as my son started to grow teeth.. there are toothpastes that don't have any florid and are very safe if they do swallow it but it is a good habit to start...

mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• they have tooth paste that is safe for babies, your suppose to brush them when they first get them, I've been brushing my sons since he was 5 months!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I started as soon as mine got teeth. As pps mentioned, there are toothpastes made for babies that don't have fluoride. It's a good habit to get them in!

Answer by missanc at 1:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I started with both of my kids as soon as they had teeth. They have a finger toothbrush and safe to swallow toothpaste. Starting it young also helps them when theyre older. Mine are 5 and 2 now and love to brush their teeth
    mommy_of_2_0609

Answer by mommy_of_2_0609 at 2:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If she has teeth you should be brushing them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:01 PM on May. 25, 2011