Am I mean?

I recently got an email from someone saying how mean I am. It kinda got to me. I don't like mean people!!! Ahh! I didn't think I WAS one.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 8:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Some people confuse honesty with rudeness. I think you are a rather blunt person but I do not get a tone of malice in your answers so maybe they just need a thicker skin. Some of the questions on this site leave me struggling to keep a civil tounge in my head I must admit. But I have not seen anything as of yet that would make me think that you are bashing or being overly rude. Ah life...cant please all the people all the time!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I get them too sometimes and Im not mean, Im just honest. Sometimes ppl confuse the two? I wouldnt let anything from the internet ruin your day.

Answer by gemgem at 8:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Meh it's not going to ruin my day. The only thing that will ruin my day is if I don't get my new undies. lol. It just came as a surprise cuz I can't stand people!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It happens. Its the internet. I have other things going on during the day like college, work, kids, shopping, cleaning LOL. Im tied to this dumb computer most of the day for work and college otherwise Id be out doing other things. I just try and take things in stride and consider the source.

Answer by gemgem at 8:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Mar - you are def not mean! You are honest and I love that about you.

You have my permission to be mean to my SO...WAIT! He broke up with me this morning and he's taking his hs crush out on a date....my X-SO.....
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It's just someone disagreeing with something you said. Some times people just can't handle honesty or someone not agreeing with them.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 8:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Some people feel just because what they are going to say is honest makes it okay. "honesty' hurts sometimes. I have a sister who thinks just because something is true it is okay to say it. She often hurts other peoples feelings. There is a way to get your point across without being mean..honest or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• shruggingwell at least you are just getting emails. i try to defend someone and i get reported to cafemom. i wasnt' the one being mean i was actually trying to be nice and put the mean one in her place and i get reported.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You're not mean, you're just honest, and honesty's kind of rare these days! so hold onto that!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 8:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i think you just want attention right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2008