What could of happened?

my dd is 16mnths and for the first time last night she woke up crying almost screaming..but its not like she was awake her eyes were closed with tears just flowing she was tossing and turning almost like she was hurting in her sleep. I reached out and touched her and she calmed a little but then stood up and wanted me to pick her up I did and comforted her and put her in the bed with me and she was instantly asleep again. Was this her first dream or nighmare? Does this happen with others too? What else could if have been if not pain or a dream?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like night terrors.

There's nothing you can do other than what you did do (comforted her).
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Probably just gas or indigestion. What did she eat or drink that day? Did she have a bowl movement that day?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• it sounds like it was definitely night terrors. It's a phase a lot of lil ones go through. My son did around 18-20 months old. They are horrible but it will soon pass.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Agree with crafting mama
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on May. 25, 2011