Urgent Question, Answers Please Mommas.

I am 35 weeks pregnant. My son has been head down and his position has been low for quite a while. My doctor, and just about everyone else around me, is convinced that I am going to go into labor early, especially considering that I had to get the shot to stop my contractions when I was like 30 weeks. Anyways, I keep on getting really bad cramping that feels like horrible period cramps, and sharp pains jolting me throughout my stomach but it hasnt been getting hard. My doctor told me that all of that is just small contractions but nothing to worry about or have to get checked with because Ive had a few false alarms with contractions. Ive deciding Im not going to the hospital again until I really cant bare the pain of the contractions.
Now to the question.. I just had to go to the bathroom(quite a common occurance being pregnant, as Im sure you all know lol) But as i was sitting there, I heard little plops in the toilet. When I wiped, there was a slimy substance on the toilet paper. I know that I will have discharge, I have been having discharge, but this was a bit thicker than usual. When I looked in the toilet, there were a few thick whitish small blobs at the bottom.. I am now starting to get my sharp pains in my belly again. All of this literally JUST happened like a few minutes ago, and I dont like calling my doctor over nothing. I am home alone, my Fiance is at work, and I figured I would as you fellow Momma's what might be going on?
I was wondering is it is my mucus plug starting to fall out, and if it is, would contraction type pains be common to follow this? What is your experience of losing your mucus plug, does anyone's match this experience of mine? And should I be worried about going into labor soon if it is my mucus plug falling out? I dont know much about the mucus plug falling out, what it's like, what follows, and how soon after labor usually follows..
I am inexperienced with pregnancy due to the fact that this is my first. Any advise would be great! Thank you Mommas.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 1:34 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR! This isn't nothing. Sounds like your mucus plug IS gone.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Definately call your dr!!! This is why they are there!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• The blobs werent big or anything, and it wasnt a lot of slime on the toilet paper. How much is your mucus plug usually?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 1:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I agree with gdiamnte! Your plug is coming out or already gone go now call your dr and call your family it sounds like you will have a lil bundle shortly! Congrats
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:38 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Could be your mucus plug, BUT that is too early at 35 weeks, I would think. Call the dr.!
    ALeal

Answer by ALeal at 1:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I know 35 weeks is too early, but if they think he is going to come early, wouldnt it make sense for the plug to come out early too? Idk, I really dont want to pull my fiance out of work if it's nothing..we need the money. He gets out at 5pm. It is 1:41pm now.. Do you guys think I could wait until he gets home? How long after losing your plug will you go into labor? And how big is your mucus plug usually?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 1:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Call the doctor and ask him. He might tell you that you have time. He is the best person to answer your questions. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My Dr has a list of things to call them about. She said if I have questions that are not on the list to call anyways and since it is the middle of the day you know you are not waking them in the middle of the night. If you call the office a nurse will be glad to answer any questions and pass on to Dr if they do not know. I would take the safe approach and call the DR. Good Luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• On a personal note I was reading some pregnancy material around my grandma and It was talking about loosing your mucus plug, she said she had 3 kids and never heard of that. Everyone experiences things differently. I am pregnant with my first so I have yet to experience this but what you described with the sharp pains sound like really early labor. They say you are good to stay home until they are 4 or 5 min apart and regular. Start timing your pains
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:49 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Give your doctor a call. Find out what they want you to do. Give your fiance a head up just in case and go from there. Sounds like your mucus plug, but it could have just been discharge. The sharp pains in your tummy would be concerning. Good luck!! I hope all goes well.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2011