cookie question!

So every year i love to bake christmas cookies ,but sometimes my cookies come out cake like am i adding to much flour or not enough of something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Not sure. I would just double check you are measuring correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If your cookies are coming out cake-like, yeah too much flour. Either that or you're using self-rising when you should be using all-purpose. Maybe too much baking soda? Try doing a couple practice batches before Christmas and do a couple of variations to figure out what's going on.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Oh, you could also be over-mixing.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You may be rolling them out too thick, have too much levening in the dough, or using self rising flour. If you beat the crap out of your eggs it can make the cookies cake like too. Just slightly beat them and see if that helps. I had this problem before and I put a dough hook on my mixer instead of the beaters and now my dough is perfect almost every time. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• wow I never realized that self-rising verses all-purpose lol last time I made cookies they were like little chocolate chip cakes lol I wonder if that was why lol thanks for the tip

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2008