Important ingredients in sunscreen..?

What ingredients should we look for in SPF...what are the important ingredients...? I use Olay Regenerist UV defense regenerating lotion with SPF 50. Should I use a different sunblock on top of it..? It doesn't contain titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• Titanium dioxide is good as long as its not the nano-particles; this way, the product protects you by staying on top of the skin rather than if it's nano-particles, in which case it gets absorbed into your skin and subsequently into your bloodstream. Zinc oxide is good too; zinc is great for the skin and it provides a strong barrier on the skin. It's what you see most lifeguards wear on their noses as sunblock.

I personally don't use any of the traditional sunscreens as they are full of dangerous chemicals and I break out in hives if I do. I found a wonderful line at www.mexitan.com that works extremely well and is much safer than what you'll find in any drugstore.
    Anonymous