I am thinking about reading...

Wuthering Heights. Should I? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• I read it every year, its one of my favorites.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Go for it....can't hurt! ;)
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 1:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It's something everyone should probably read once. I like the way it's written, and I could pull some very pretty quotes from the book, but overall - I hated it. I've never been so glad to finish a book. I've always heard it hailed as "one of the great romances", but I found nothing romantic about it. Two of the most heinous people you could imagine "fall in love", and proceed to make the lives of everyone they encounter miserable. There was not a single character that I found likeable, and I was extremely annoyed by each and everyone one of them. And the book drags on....and on....and on.

All that said, it's still a classic, and a ton of people do like it. So - don't listen to me!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Give it a try. I read it once and hated it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was thinking just last week of "re"reading a classic, I was going to go for a Hemmingway, thanks for the question, gives me more of an inclination to follow through!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I love romance stories and such, and since people claim this is such a great and romantic story I decided to read it. I found it to be a very long and somewhat boring story, I really could not get into it and was very glad when I finally finished it. Would I read it again.... NO.
    But it is a classic, and there are many people who do like the book and rave about it... So I would say read it and see if you like it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm almost always going to say, "Yes!" when someone asks if they should read a classic lol. However, I haven't been able to finish Wuthering Heights... I've attempted it a couple of times, but the only copy I had access to had microscopic print, and I have bad vision, so it didn't work out lol. I'm  going to read it soon, though, now that I have a Kindle and I can adjust font sizes. I say go for it. It definitely can't hurt.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Why not? But it might be a slogfest ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:59 PM on May. 24, 2011