I was just sitting here thinking........(not a question) just talk :)

I couldnt imaging not being in my kids life.. I couldnt imaging missing the first steps the first word the first everything.. my kids father saw a lot of the firsts with my daughter but hasnt seen anything of my son... If that were me i would feel like crap. I wonder how he feels or if he even cares..

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• He probably cares, in his own way. Men are different like that........I would have been devasted missing all that good stuff!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:56 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I know what you mean, I went on vacation for a week to Vegas last summer and all I could think about was getting back to my son! Just on the weekends when my son's father has him I feel ike I'm going to go crazy! I have to call a friend over because I get so lonely and miss him so much :(
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Something I noticed just this weekend. My husband may be around physically, but mentally and emotionally he's pretty absent. Our kids are now 4 and 7 and it's starting to bite him in the @$$, but I don't think he's noticed yet. He refuses to take BOTH kids with him anywhere unless I come along too. He says he can't "handle" both of them taking off in different directions. They behave for me. It's like pulling teeth to get him to take even one kid with him if he's doing some quick errands. He's lax in discipline and wonders why they run amok with him. He says I'm too strict (and maybe I am to compensate), but darn it! all I have to do is give the Mommy Look and they're good again.

What he's sown, he's now reaping and I'm trying VERY hard to sit back and say nothing. The kids don't want much to do with him because he has little to do with them.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm not sure how I would feel if I missed any of my kids first's.. I would probably be crushed.. Not sure what men think anymore.. sorry
    Queen0Hearts

Answer by Queen0Hearts at 2:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I had to go back to work full-time 8 weeks after my son was born. I knew I was not going to be the one who saw the first rollover, steps, whatever. I decided that when I saw him do it, it would be the first time, even if he had already done it for the sitter. I was also blessed with a wonderful woman to sit for me, because she never told me if he did these things before I mentioned it to her. She always acted surprised and I love her for letting me have that.

hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My hubby missed out on alot, but that's because he was deployed...have you tried talking to him?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yea thats pointless and a waste of time lol...
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 23, 2011