OK, I'm going to finally use the M-word. What are the early signs of menapause?

I'm going to be 48 in September and I'm thinking maybe it's beginning as I had an embarrassing meltdown the other day at the dinner table. Yes, I yelled at "everyone!" Kids, husband, the world. I do wake up sweating at night but figure I dressed too warm. Would a "meltdown" be part of it? I'm still embarrassed at how I acted. I felt like everyone was ganging up on me after I spent the entire day doing their laundry, cleaning the house and making that dinner!

marihand

Asked by marihand at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Hot flashes, meltdowns, depression, lack of menstruation, aches and pains, headaches, onset of adult acne, weight gain, fatigue, dry skin, it all comes with it. You could have one or more symptoms and it varies with every woman. Sorry. I have been through it for 10 years. I'm 45 and had a brain tumor surgery that threw me into surgical menopause at the age of 35. I thought I was dying! Oh and now at the ten year mark the vaginal dryness is horrible. I can't take estrogen because of breast cancer as well so I'm stuck with it. See your doctor and get your hormones checked. HRT is awesome for people that can take the hormones.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:22 AM on May. 24, 2011

• MAN, getting old SUCKS!
    marihand

Comment by marihand (original poster) at 9:57 AM on May. 24, 2011