What do you know about Endometrial ablation

My doctor wants to do a endo biopsy and then a few weeks later a endometrial ablation. I'm done having kids got 4. Hope this stops bleeding all the way. How will I feel , when will I feel good. What should I know.

Ianmommy4

Asked by Ianmommy4 at 2:05 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• What type of ablation is your doctor recommending? I had HTA (hydrothermal ablation) done in October 2009. The procedure itself was a breeze. I remember being wheeled down the hall and then waking up. It was really fast, and I felt fantastic the next day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I looked into this as a way to not have to deal with my extreme heavy bleeding each and every month but opted against it. I don't consider it a viable cure for my problem so I'll just wait it out until menopause.
    Anonymous

• I had the novasure procedure, which is essentially the same thing. It was a 90 second procedure, I had it done in the office, and I do NOT recommend that. I would recommend being put under for it. I was only under local anesthesia. I went home just after, and slept for 18 hours. Thankfully my Hubby took care of the kids, etc. I haven't had any bleeding since. I still have my cycle, but like I said, no bleeding. It's so nice not to have to worry about that. We don't have to schedule things around my period, etc. I had mine done 9-2009.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:13 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't remember what he called it now but he said he does it so he can see what he is doing that the newer ways you can't. He will burn the inside of my uterus and I should be fine in 2 days
    Ianmommy4

Comment by Ianmommy4 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Also its done as outpatient in the hospital
    Ianmommy4

Comment by Ianmommy4 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• LOL my doctor gave me pictures of the inside of my uterus, before and after it was boiled.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Good luck!!!!!!!
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 4:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I had Novasure done also. Have not had a period in 5 yrs.

Link text
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:36 PM on May. 23, 2011