Anyone have problems getting their baby to sleep in their own bed?

My DD will not sleep in her own bed. She can cry for hours too if I try to put her in her crib to sleep. Sometimes I put her in the bed with me and then once she is asleep I transfer, but she wakes up immediately or after 30 mins. I want my bed back! She had bad gas problems a few months ago and she would wake up often crying, so she slept with us so if she woke up we could get her to sleep again quickly. I just don't know how to correct this problem and it definitely needs to change, and now!

EternalDiesirae

Asked by EternalDiesirae at 2:09 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No but I have two very large dogs who want to sleep on our bed and will whine for hours.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Sorry to say that it's probably not going to "change now!" Your daughter apparently needs you still and doesn't feel comfortable in her crib. My daughter co-slept with us for the first 2 1/2 months, and after that, she was ready for her own space. Now she refuses to sleep with me. My husband and I dealt with it because she is our daughter. She will grow out of it when she is ready.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• When she is awake, wear one of her stuffed animals, a blanket or put one of your worn shirt in the bed with her. It will let her know that you are still there because it smells like you.

I always stretched an old shirt over the bassinet or crib mattress and changed it every other day. Worked well here for 3 kiddos.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My DS wont sleep in his own bed either. DD slept with us too but she will sleep in her bed now...I think its going to be harder for us to get DS to do it than her though. Good luck!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I had no issues... but I waited till he was ready for it. When he went down to sleep in the crib virtually instantly with no pulling up and bouncing at the rail, I knew he was ready!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• my daughter is going to be 7 months old and she has been sleeping in her crib just fine but for the past week or so she has been wanting to sleep with mommy at night i think it might be because she is cutting teeth
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 6:10 PM on May. 23, 2011