How long after Mirena should I have a period?

I recently got off mirena to have another child. I had it removed on oct 29th, and had some bleeding the 30th, 31st, and the 1st. I still haven't had another period. I took ovulation tests and got faint positive lines on the 18th, 19th, and the 20th. When should i expect my next period?

heather039

Asked by heather039 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I got off my mirena on oct 21st, and had some bleeding on the 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th. I just started a period on dec 1st so that was almost 6 weeks between the two. I would say sometime around this week. If you do not start by next week I would take a pg test. Good Luck!
    nadams558

Answer by nadams558 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• well it realy depends on the person, i would consult my doc on when they think things will return to normal.
    I was looking into using mirena after i give birth this christmas - but i have heard it can make you infertle.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008