What are my chances of becoming pregnant if... TMI

My DH just had surgery on his wrist so obviously he can't be "on top" he will still have the cast on when I am obvulating so I need to be on top. Are my chances still good at conceiving being on top? Are there any suggestions you have that will help? I know we could try on our sides but I don't like that at all. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have sex, you have a 100 chance of getting pregnant. This is silly to say you won't get pregnant on top. Yes, a little sperm with dribble out but it only takes one.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Plenty of women have gotten pregnant on top. You might help your chances along by laying on your back with your hips elevated on a pillow or two for about 30 minutes right after sex. Or you could also try doggie style.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If birth control was that easy there wouldn't be any surprise babies.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Maybe I miss spoke... (typed) I realize you can get pregnant on top, however I know that the best way to conceive is dh on top. I was just asking to see if there was something to greater the chances. I am sure most of you understand because you want a baby as badly as I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• afterwards you can lay on your back with your butt propped up. But inless dh has sperm issues it i useless to do. The sperm will swim to the egg if they are able to do.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• There is always a decrease in the % of chance to conceive by a change in the factors. If you are on top, the % changes if there is a shift in the position of your cervix. This can be something you are born with or due to how much you weigh or how felxable you are. Do you have to lean forward, sit up straight, lean back, or can you move into all positions. Place a small and soft pillow under the small of his back and top of his butt, which will raise him up SLIGHTLY. If you can, slide your feet under him while moving your knee slightly outward. When you are done, yes, relax on your back with pillows positioned in a steady incline up. Do not get into a position with your legs and feet up in the air. Some women are in great shape and keep in the position of on back with legs up in air and even standing on head for as long as possible, but those not in shape should not try this.
    calydu

Answer by calydu at 11:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If you are worried about being on top, then you can lay down on the bed and have him standing on the side... that way you're still technically on the bottom and he's not putting any pressure on his wrist. Or you can do it doggy style, he doesn't need to be hunched over for that either. Both work well! Good luck!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 11:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• LMAO....thanks for the laugh OP.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes and if you are concerned as soon as he is done lay down and prop your legs and butt up under a pillow for about 30 mins.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• you can get pregnant in any position...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008