hey this is jessica, i am a mom now. and i have some concerns about my daughter. when she sleeps, she grunts alot even when she is asleep, and she also has been jerking alot. so does any1 know why or can tell me why shes been doing that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 10days old and she does the same thing. My son did the same thing when he was younger(he's 2now) I realized that when she grunts and jerks it usually is when she is going to the bathroom. And my son used to do it because he had a gas bubble and it was giving him a stomach ache. I used to give him those gas drops and it worked out well.
    scraig505

Answer by scraig505 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son (2months now) still does it every once in awhile i really believe it's because he is dreaming and jerks his hands & like a dog or cat when they're dreaming.
    nates_mommi

Answer by nates_mommi at 2:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Maybe she's pooping... or dreaming... plus, she probably still has those jerking reflexes that she can't control. If you swaddle her (if she'll still let you) she might not jerk around as much.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• my son is 2 months old also and still grunts and jerks in his sleep(so i cant sleep because the grunting is so loud lol). the grunting is prob gas but my baby mostly can sleep through it..my ped. told me it might just be normal for him. guess ill just have to wait for him to outgrow it!!
    KasonsMom

Answer by KasonsMom at 3:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i call it baby nightmares i told the dr about it on her 2 week check up, she still does it once in a while, she is 4 months now and dont worry it will go away before you know it, and then she will start smiling in her sleep :)
    paolitz

Answer by paolitz at 9:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008